"O see, how brightly the universe gleams!
There is a radiance on everything;
you drift with me on a cold sea,
but a special warmth flickers from you to me, from me to you."

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

beauty products that I like a lot...

I'm really fickle when it comes to beauty products--I'm always searching for the perfect long-wearing foundation that matches my ridiculously pale skin; I dream about a natural-looking lip stain that lasts all day and gives my lips a perfect natural pink.  However!  There are a few products that I'm loyal to.  After years of trial and error, these ones I'm sticking with.

 Benefit Dandelion--the perfect blush for an extra-pale girl like me.  Such a pretty color; just makes me look healthy and awake and pretty, without looking really obvious.

 Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector in Invisible Light--I have oily skin.  I get shiny.  My pores on my nose are a little bigger than I'd like.  This stuff makes them disappear.  And I don't get shiny!  Really.

 Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo--I don't wash my hair every day.  There.  I said it.  I just have better things to do.  I used to use baby powder when my hair looked dirty.  Then I started using those dry shampoos that are in a spray can--those cans don't seem to last very long.  I like this stuff best.  It smells kind of lemony, or like lemon flavored Pez.  


Neutrogena Ageless Restoratives Anti-Oxidant Moisture, SPF 20--I don't know.  It's supposed to, like, defend your skin from the daily onslaught of free radicals or whatever, but it's not greasy, it moisturizes, and it's got SPF which is good for this pale girl.  I used to use Clinique Superdefense but this is significantly cheaper.  


John Frieda Sheer Blonde Spotlight Detangler--okay I can never find this in stores anymore and I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued.  Which is heartbreaking for me--when I get out of the shower my hair is a crazy rat's nest of tangles and without this stuff, combing is sheer torture.  I gotta start stockpiling.  




Fiberwig Mascara--this stuff is awesome!  It's pretty expensive and the tube tends to dry out pretty quick, but holy crap this makes my eyelashes so long!  I feel like a doll.  I actually haven't bought this in a while 'cause it's so expensive--lately I've been using Rimmel Lash Accelerator, which works pretty well, but Fiberwig is truly amazing.  Try it. 

Lastly, Weleda Everon Lip Balm--this is my favorite lip balm.  It's natural and it feels so good and stays on your lips for a long time.  You know what would be amazing?  If they made this with a little rosy tint!  Sigh.  My lips are so pale.  If I don't have any color on them, they kind of disappear. 

So.  There you have it.  What are your favorite products?

No comments:

Post a Comment