"O see, how brightly the universe gleams!
There is a radiance on everything;
you drift with me on a cold sea,
but a special warmth flickers from you to me, from me to you."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

our dog ben

ben




Back in 2005, when we were living together but not yet married or engaged, my husband went out to pick up some lunch, and came home with a dog. Ben was a full-grown but still puppy-ish, skinny, shy dog who I immediately fell in love with.  He's become one of my best friends, the best dog I could ever have hoped for.  So incredibly silly and goofy but also so loving and soulful.  He goes practically everywhere with us.  (Except national parks, because they're not allowed anywhere except the campgrounds.)  He was at our wedding.  He wore a tie.  


My husband and I joke that Ben's just like me, but in dog form.  He loves the ocean and I swear he's happiest when he's playing on the beach.  He's silly and affectionate and kind of needy (like me).  


I can't imagine life without my Ben.  Those of you who are dog owners understand, I'm sure.  I'm just really grateful to have him in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment